Arriving at a beautiful place is a special feeling. We recently had a short break at Great Barrier Island - a large island off the coast of New Zealand. It had been a while since we had a holiday so it was all the more special to be there.
Great moments of our trip:
-A friendly local on the ferry offering us his boat to fish from!!!
-Watching Kaka (large native bird) eating the figs in the fig tree
-Watching the Full moon at the beach
-Freshly caught snapper off the rocks for breakfast
-Eating strawberry guava off the hedge at the community garden
-Collecting greenlip mussels at low tide
(Friendly local, Peggy Garlick, from down the road turned up at the door WITH garlic for our mussel dish having heard we forgot to bring garlic with us!)
- Hunting for Paua shells at Awana beach
- Harataonga and the view to Arid Island
- Sailing out to Arid Island in the TIWAL in a good swell.
- The relaxing vibe at Okupu wharf and in the bay.
- Sailing a TIWAL against the Lasers at a local sailing race at Tryphena
- Having the TIWAL in the back so we could get on the water in 20 minutes with easy storage and setup.
- Making an instructional video of the TIWAL gybing from an island cliff!
The TIWAL Inflatable Sailing Dinghy is a great way to get back into sailing as you get all the great sensations of sailing a dinghy, but also the ease of boat handling on a comfortable boat with a high boom.
And you get to go places!
A waterproof bag
Food and water
Cellphone and waterproof case
Check the weather and tide!
Book a Sail at www.tiwal.nz
I am a New Zealand sailor who learned to sail in the beautiful Malborough Sounds and then went onto represent NZ at the 2000 Olympics.